Thursday, September 24, 2009

Waiting for Durga pujo, Nirvana or something similar!

I have been back since two weeks now, and yet havent moved an inch in the blogosphere! Shady stuff! Well the thing is, I am working all day at work and at home, I just become blah. I have so much to say and write but in the end, I do neither. These amazing, life changing thoughts get choked midway somewhere. Sigh.

Durga Pujo is here and with every passing year, I am realising I am becoming one of those people out there. I even work on a shoshti and feel guilty taking an off on a shoptomi, and all this, being a true blue Bengali!!! What would be my blue blooded ancestors say?!I absolutely hate my corporate life, want to say nothing of the frustration levels that have risen to their max potential in the last few months, and am four vacations down, and yet, nirvana eludes me..

I dont think the plans I have for my future will help me achieve it either, they are very, what you call, normal. Get a better job, not fight much with my guy, look out for my folks, not fight much with my guy, look for a creative release beyond what I do, and then, I guess, settle down in some years. Nirvana, this?

Anyway, I wanted to drop in a word to say I will be trying to enjoy Durga Pujo for the next four days, and will definitely be writing frequently after that. Yes.

Till then, the little kid who never grew up inside my head says adios and plans to have a rocking pujo!

2 comments:

  1. Completely missed that you were a Bong. Should have known by the name.
    I am jealous of you because of 2 reasons:

    1. You get to celebrate Pujo. I have a fake looking Durga Pujo celebration by some NRI bongs, but its kinda goofy, I am even singing some bong songs without knowing the meaning of any of the words (more info on one of my recent post somewhere)

    2. You are a journalist. I had always dreamt of becoming one, and look at me now, a consulting and business development geek. SIGH! How I miss the creative world

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey hope you had a fantastic time!!!! So where are those more posts which promised to be here??

    waiting...

    ReplyDelete