Sunday, July 4, 2010

ARGENTINA or GERMANY? Both :)

So Argentina lost. And the trouble is, it lost to Germany. My two favorite teams. There is no telling how good or bad I feel. The day Germany was thrashing England, I was rejoicing, dancing along with other german fans at Flames. Little did I know that they would face Argentina in the quarter finals. Once again after 2006, they faced each other and once again, Germany won. Literally thrashed, butchered, routed Argentina. I am sad, infact my heart goes out to Maradona, Messi. But strangely, in an hour’s time, I feel happy. For Germany. If the gemini state of mind was something I always believed in, today, I would vouch for it. I love the clinical, almost shrewd manner of the germans. Blame me if you want.

Life is at a crossroads. I put in my papers yesterday. My hands shook while clicking on ‘sent’. At the back of my mind, something told me ‘there is no looking back from here’. The place I will go to, will be new and ruthless in its own usual way. Nobody is kind to a newbie. I will have to make a mark, be awesome in my job. Have to be ‘a somebody’, all in a few months. Need holidays in a few months, and then some more. But I have to join this place, I have to be good at my job and I have to ask for leaves. Most importantly, I have to be fit enough for all of this. Shifts, no Saturdays and Sundays sound as scary to me as living alone in a city. And yet, in the last few months, desperation drove me to accept all these things. With a little money and a profile that sounds good in my head, I have accepted a new spice in my life. Have to taste dishes made of this spice and have to say its good, because its something I chose. Just hope it is not as real as I am thinking it will be. I hope it is fun and beautiful in its reality.

In this year, too much is happening, much more will happen. Don’t know how much I am ready for. Fact is, I am hardly ready. Friends wise, I am stagnant. Workwise, I am moving ahead. Personally, I am more or less at the same place. Financially, I am moving ahead but so are the expectations of me.
Had always hoped to be a free bird, don’t know how much of a restriction my new life will put on me. I should work things out, see the better in everything, and be a free bird anyway.

Just like when Argentina loses, I should always be able to feel happy for Germany.

6 comments:

  1. Well I believe you can learn only if you take yourself out of your comfort zone so despite of very limited information I'd say good decision :)
    Also, new city is fun if you 'accept' it and the ppl as in call it your own and are ready to make new friends.
    (Also if the new city is bbay then you're in for a treat ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish this new opportunity brings satisfaction and peace for u... i knw u will rock..all d best..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @kanishk,
    i agree with the comfort zone bit, i so wanted to move out of it..
    i m ready to make new frnds, always have been :) yeah maybe shud be a lil more positive, eh? :D
    @D,
    Aww u are too kind >:D<

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should be jumping with excitement :P
    Also just imagine the royal treatment you'll get whenever you visit delhi ;)

    @Divya: Wen are you flying off your nest ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are times when I feel you are so different. And then times when I couldnt identify more with you. I keep comparing my personal, professional, financial and social life in the same way as you do, with my past, with each other. And am always pensive, sometimes apprehensive...
    But in the end, it all unravels in a way I can never predict. As it will for you as well... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @merlin, thats the exact feeling when i read ur posts :))) and yes, unpredictability wins in the end, each time.

    ReplyDelete