Friday, July 9, 2010

the truth is..

You are very hot.
Hey thanks.
No seriously, I have got to see you more often.
Umm, you are here for work, once its over, you have to leave, how can you keep seeing me more?
I dont know, tell me how. I think I am attracted to you as hell.
Ok leave now. You are complicating things, you said your girlfriend will be dropping by to join you. so, go.
I will come back. I will have to. Promise me you will meet.

bell rings*

Hi, oh you have a lovely collection here. No wonder he chose you to do his project.
Thanks a ton, he is a good client.
Yes, yes, everyone says that. Its good to work with him, I have been told. So honey, lets move now?
Umm, yeah lets.
He turns back one last time, rushes to her and tells her slowly, 'I will come back. you have to see me.'
Your girl is here. Go away. Am not a thief.
But I need to kiss you, I will come back.

They leave.

You think she will do a good job? You need awesome pr this time.
She is brilliant. Will do well am sure.
So you want to go back sometime and check on her progress?
What? Why? She knows her work.
I dont know, maybe you should go back..see how its comin up, know for sure you want her..
Excuse me?
I mean, know for sure if you want her in this project. You must know.

People know. They always do. You think you are smart, but one can always tell. It catches you unawares, and you do take the bait. But little do you realise, somebody always knows. And eventually, there is hurt all around you.

8 comments:

  1. @Jil,
    that has a lot of connotations :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe they do know. Maybe it does always catch you unawares. Maybe it cant be kept under wraps.
    But if thats how its gonna be, then so be it. But would you rather wonder all your life "what if...?" than go and sort it out once and for all. Id rather have a girl who is sure she wants me and no one else, than a girl who wonders "yes i like him, but if i had gone back to this other guy, maybe I would have been happier". Maybe, always that word. Id rather have someone for all she is worth, than have her wonder "maybe..."
    I sound immature. I know. A bit strong also. I know. *takes a deep breath*
    Wish he comes back. And finds out for his own good whether he was right about the girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Merlin, thats a very male oriented point of view, and one i share too :) i would rather know the whole truth about the attraction than go about life being securely stupid :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "securely stupid".. LOL... me likes the term!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What I meant is, it takes someone unsatisfied to know another. I meant it from the perspective of the 'someone who knows'.

    Also, from the other side, being with a person does not mean you aren't attracted to others. It means you stay in spite of the attraction.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @jil jil,
    'It means you stay in spite of the attraction.'
    you have summed up something very important for me :)

    ReplyDelete