Thursday, August 19, 2010

Rain rain, come again, everyday.

Have been having the quietest and nicest week ever. It’s been raining constantly and the new job is hectic, by the time I get up for tea, it’s almost 5, so cant complain about long work hours, especially when the hours are passing me by without me knowing it.

Come back home very late and go nowhere. Yes, the absolutely outdoorsy me (when Ma leaves for Kolkata, that is) has decided to camp in. I take a bath, wear my daddy’s big warm clothes, eat my hot dinner with Gucci gulping down the stuff I throw at him and finally watch endless TV.

Watched Alex and Emma, 10 Things I hate about you and A Good woman in the last three days. The first movie is so rom-com (I cant get enough of those) while the second one is very teenage-y, guess I am moving out of that genre for good now. The last movie is very British, very suave, I love the humor and the one liners, can so relate.


Also, have discovered The Simpsons. All my life, I wondered what the big deal about this cartoon was, and have finally understood. It is mad humor, so vague and so cool. Guess, TV is the best invention after all. I have found once again, that while I am a social animal, I can also hibernate quite comfortably, thank you.

There is a thing or two I have learnt about friendships. While friends are good to have and would trade them for absolutely nothing in the world, they also bruise you sometimes. From the unlikeliest quarters, you get to feel hurt you never thought existed, and there is no way out of this dilemma, because you weren’t really expecting it. You weren’t prepared. Mindless days and hours later, you still wonder…

Rains are a good thing, they make me want to write, they make me want to do some poetry, and they even make me hopeful about relationships and ‘forever after’.

3 comments:

  1. Agreed. Rains are magical. Theres something about just walking in the rain that cheers you up on the worst of days. I like all happy rain songs. Same effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are finally writing more than I am :). Love the pic. Simpsons are the best, they are a very regular piece of my life, when you do get more comfortable with the mad humor appetite, you might also want to watch The Family Guy which is a bit more "madder".

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jil Jil,
    yes, rains are a blessed thing, i guess it is the most loved of all weathers :)

    @Merlin,
    thankie, i like clicking :)
    u know, I watched Family Guy first, and it is crazy yes, love this humor :D Simpsons will surely be a regular hence on :P

    ReplyDelete