Friday, September 24, 2010

In bad taste.

Was coming back from office and saw an accident. No, I haven’t seen an accident where I have had to see the man sprawled on the road, blood oozing out from his skull. It felt like his connect from the real world was gone. I shivered in fear and grabbed the cab mate’s hand who must have thought I am really weird because I am talking all smart stuff throughout the day. To imagine, I am this weak. Some people on the road told us the brand and colour of the car that hit him and asked us to follow it, as it had to pay the toll ahead and couldn’t have gone too far. I had a sinking feeling that we would never be able to catch the rascal and if given the option, out of the two, I would want the man to be saved.

The mind numbed down to such a level that I had to forget the hierarchy of respect and ask the senior editor for a smoke. After I began to smoke, I realized it was very, very strong a brand. It charred my taste and I realized it was a bad decision.

Experienced fear, helplessness, uncertainty and finally nausea. Not how the Friday was supposed to go. Getting drunk and wasted with friends was what was planned.
At least, wasted was a common emotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment