Wednesday, February 2, 2011

dirty fellow


We were on a funny topic the other day, about our quirks. When I said I absolutely love the way the insides of my pet's ears smell, the conversation pretty much went downhill from there. I wanted some sort of a confirmation so I asked Ma, and she stared at me and said I am 'going to the dogs'! Well, quite literally.

Yes I do love that doggy smell, I look for it when am back home from work, and I hope it stays on my sweater when am out. I feel heavenly in that dogginess. It makes me feel like my favourite person, a blanket, some hot chocolate and You've got mail on the telly, all put together in a moment. I live for that moment you know. It defines perfection, and while I achieve it sometimes, one of the four elements is almost always missing. So it hasn't been perfect yet. Only in my head.

So the doggy smell (in want of a better term) is what makes me feel, well, umm, truly Mrinalini.

Afterthought-No I am not crazy yet.

4 comments:

  1. I have heard of people liking the smell of Hand washes, shoe polish and many other stuffs that make them remember specific incidents and feel nostalgic, but dog's smell, I am hearing it for the first time..
    Anyways, anything that makes you feel the real you is worth it..So keep enjoying..

    ReplyDelete
  2. nail polish, petrol and wet earth after the rains! :)))
    but well yea, the furry doggy smell of my lil furball is a very warm, 'belongs to me' kind of thing..if u know what i mean :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i sooo hear u! i looooove dogs. i used to dig in his fur coat, smelling his hair :) i used to sprinkle a lot of baby powder on him. and now wen he is gone, baby powder sooo reminds me of him. i miss him all the time.

    ReplyDelete