Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy 'Hope'y Year!

Its almost time for a brand new year. But I guess a little flashback is going to be good for the system.

A lot has happened some good, some very good and well, some just about the regular fare that life dishes out. My elder sister gave birth to a beautiful baby girl and I don’t think I can thank God enough. Also, my mom is getting steadily and slowly better from her illness and it’s a strange feeling to be able to hope again, for her I mean.

Amongst other happy things, ahem, a friend, after remaining a pretty single for 24 years has finally decided to give love a shot, and while she says its still not love, what she means is, she is going with the flow and is enjoying whatever it is. I, of course have predicted greater things…

Nandu left for UK and that was like a punch in the stomach. But trust Nandu to do things differently. There is a mail almost every week from her and the pretty lass even sent a beautiful postcard from Falmouth. It is impossible to outdo her in caring for someone. Miss her and somehow, don’t miss her at all.
Love wise, things were like a river, flowing just that much. Comfortable and a breeze. Mature I am getting, is it?
Traveled a lot and even left the country in one of my trips. Wowie!!

Time for one of those I-am-thankful and I-will-remember lists. Here goes:


•Awesome friends, I didn’t fight the whole year!
•Stepping into a more serious relationship than ever. The funniest part is, the more serious it is getting, the lighter am feeling.
•Eating to my heart’s delight, knowing the coming year maybe a very different one.
•Music, movies and theatre, I love them all.
•Traveling too much, may the streak never break.
•Things stopped hurting that much. Infact, I could even smile about some of them.
•The job still sucks, but am doing quite fine, thank you.
•MJ died, and Lisa Ray is sick. I remember spending umpteen afternoons dancing to Beat It and Afreen, couldn’t have enough of these guys. Sigh.
•Gucci and my fight for his survival. Almost like one of those dog-human movies, we beat the odds again and again. Couldn’t do it without a few people though. To them!
•Too much merry making + too much being yourself = trouble. Point noted.
•Exes make for difficult friends. Especially if they are still not over it. Point noted again.
•Twilight happened and I realized out of all the scary creatures, vampires manage to make my knees go weak. Though werewolves are my type. Period.
•Experiencing a long distance relationship. Comments reserved. All I will say, however, is that I am getting there.

So in a nutshell or a coconut shell, that was my life this year. Probably a more tame one since the last few years, but I aint complaining. Life should be wild, tame and all things nice. Here is to wishing that 2010 will be a joyride!

8 comments:

  1. ok i'll skip the usual comments...congrats on this, glad to hear that routine...

    here's the silly part...

    i read one line as...postcards from foulmouth :P

    happy nu yr :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Experiencing a long distance relationship. Comments reserved." Ahem!

    Knew the entire list, just wanted to point out the last one. For lot of reasons...and you know all of them :P

    Anyway, hope this year goes the way you want it to. Happy New Year love :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @sanely,
    hey buddy happy nu year! and yes, foulmouth sounds like an obvious mistake :P
    u get better soon! or have u already? :P

    @anjali,
    tum ho toh, gaata hai dil... :*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey!! Wish you a Happy 2010! Hope it gives you many more sweet nothings to list... loads of love.. across the distance or from close quarters... a reason to believe that belief is beautiful...

    and many many many fantastic warm fuzzy posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @BnB
    You are always so warm! thank you honey :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. •Awesome friends, I didn’t fight the whole year!

    Really :O You DO have the most awesome friends!

    •Stepping into a more serious relationship than ever. The funniest part is, the more serious it is getting, the lighter am feeling.

    I know the feeling :)

    •Eating to my heart’s delight, knowing the coming year maybe a very different one.

    :sigh: I wish I could do that and not care a damn abt my weight... but I am not that lucky.. I have a tough time maitaining the skinny look :)

    •Music, movies and theatre, I love them all.

    :)

    •Traveling too much, may the streak never break.

    Amen

    •Things stopped hurting that much. Infact, I could even smile about some of them.

    And you have managed to clamber on top at last!

    •The job still sucks, but am doing quite fine, thank you.

    Dont they all?

    •MJ died, and Lisa Ray is sick. I remember spending umpteen afternoons dancing to Beat It and Afreen, couldn’t have enough of these guys. Sigh.

    never enough of MJ... Lisa... I hope she gets better soon

    •Gucci and my fight for his survival. Almost like one of those dog-human movies, we beat the odds again and again. Couldn’t do it without a few people though. To them!

    :)

    •Too much merry making + too much being yourself = trouble. Point noted.

    Really? Umm... I dont really agree on that one

    •Exes make for difficult friends. Especially if they are still not over it. Point noted again.

    Totally agree

    •Twilight happened and I realized out of all the scary creatures, vampires manage to make my knees go weak. Though werewolves are my type. Period.

    Lol

    •Experiencing a long distance relationship. Comments reserved. All I will say, however, is that I am getting there.

    Best of luck, me admires. Those ones am bad at..

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Merlin,
    HAHAHAHAHA! you dissected it like my teacher dude :P rofl!
    wish i cud discuss all the more now :P :D

    ReplyDelete