Saturday, January 1, 2011

Just keep swimming!


New year comes, my favourite time to be depressed. Ya, it’s the evening when I have at least five invitations and feel like going for none. It feels strange to be at one party and devoid your other friends of your presence. I feel like being at a hundred places and end up being at none. It’s a syndrome, I tell you. And for the past many years, I have vowed to get it right by feeling shamelessly happy for what life has given to me and what I have achieved, but every time, I end up moping. It’s the weather I guess.

So 2010 was kind, I had more than my share of love, I joined a new place that sort of realizes what to do with me. They make me work, and like I always say, you gotta know how to work me baby.

Personally, mum remained well and that is a high not even my favorite drink can give me. It is a different feeling when you see the pillars of your life stand erect, without having to beg for their wellness.

Have realized how fortunate I have been for the sister I have. Who would have thought that all that hair raising fights and stitches later, we would actually grow up ‘growing on’ each other, loving more with each passing day, even when the miles between us grow.

I have always believed that people who stay far are closer to you and your mind and heart. Too much of proximity spoils it for me. Space. That is the word we are looking for here.

Love has been a surprise to say the least. It has been a happy and a sad journey, happy for the dreams one sees and sad for well, the same reason. I, the utterly philosophical and deep person have realized maybe love does have a few flaws. And while I am all out for the concept of H.O.P.E, what I also know now, is that love is something that should just be wondered at, not figured. It takes time and energy, and you end up where you started from if you try too hard. It is like swimming, you have to let go to be able to do it.

Friendship. Aah. My favourite. I have been truly blessed in that regard. My friends take the eccentricities, the quirks and the lows in the same stride, bear me during my ‘high’ and foolish moments and laugh it off anyway. It’s bliss to be treated as a normal when you are clearly not. Thanks for humoring me.

Life, you are nice, and that makes me very curious. What do you have up your sleeve? Tell tell, don’t be shy :P I am a strong kid, so what if I have hit QLC and am also off market as some people put it (pun intended) I still have a lot to give and receive. And there is just soo much drama still left in me.

So, 2011, keep it interesting!

2 comments:

  1. i'm a strong kid too! just at times i m tired of being strong :|

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ess, yes tired all the time. but looking back, am sure u feel u have come a long way like i do :)

    ReplyDelete